I must admit, I over reacted about going to Brazil. I really thought I'd be SUPER bored and not have ANYTHING to do. But it was quite the opposite. My aunt and cousins planned out a lot of things to do, like going to Rio de Janeiro (not sure of spelling, it's the place with the huge Jesus statue), and renting a resort for 4 days and 3 nights. My cousins were able to speak SOME English, enough to understand at least. I guess I'll talk about the Rio trip. It was alright. Got to eat at some baller ass restaurant, the type you see in the movies and got to see the big Jesus statue. But the favelas (ghettos) there are REALLY dangerous looking. I would NOT want to live anywhere near there. The sand there also feels different, while walking on it you hear like.. swishing noises. It was interesting. Then we got back by New Years Eve. We ate food as a family and yeah. When we got back to my aunt's apartment (on the 21st floor) I started to relax and try to sleep. However, people started to do FIREWORKS and it was really quite a site. You can see fireworks ALL AROUND the city from my aunt's balcony. In fact, some of the fireworks exploded like 10-15 feet in front of us. But even with all that happening, I couldn't help but miss the homies at DB. I missed Kevin being a creeper. A day after, we went to the resort. (During this time my dad went to Argentina with his buddies, and my dad was helping me sneak in a cigarette now and then). Anyways, the first day at the resort was just settling stuff and eating food. My cousin sent me CS so I played some w/ him and then later my uncle played. I was pretty shocked that my uncle played CS, lol. Then my mom left the resort to hang out with her friends so I was the lonesome Hong in a clan full of Choi's. I decided to take a walk in the morning since everyone else was sleeping so I can smoke a cigarette. I went down the path all the way down to the lake. I saw some cows, horses and most importantly, the ostriches. I was intrigued since I never saw an ostrich in real life and it was there 2 feet away from me. One looked very nice, but the other one was staring at me (dawgin me, n'ah mean). So as I was walking down the path, the ostrich was following me, and then I started to jog (since I can no longer run) and it chased after me. It was pretty funny. That's pretty much the gist of what happened at the resort. Oh, I got to walk around the jungle, lol.
But from going on this trip, I found out a few things. I actually enjoy traveling, looking around and seeing new things. And also, I'm the black sheep of my family (on my mom's side and of my generation). I am the only smoker, my cousins all are bookworm smart and want to be doctors and what not and that is something I CANNOT do (judging if it's as hard as America to get into med school n stuff). Here everyone is, knowing what profession they want to do and stuff while I am still wondering what major I want to be. Maybe I should just pick a major and graduate and worry about that later. But I feel like it's a waste if I pick a major and I end up hating the job.. ah.. whatever, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I also find it pretty funny that my cousin and his dad say the same thing as I do with my dad. Since my Grandma is like the QUEEN of nagging, no joke or exaggeration, we both said that our Grandpa is the greatest man in the world, hahaha.
Hmm.. this is a long post but I'll keep going since I don't know when I'll update this again :p.
So, we just got back from Vegas. Watched Phantom of the Opera (which was pretty good, but I guess I just had higher expectations). Gambled a few and drank a few. It could have been so much better if we were all staying at the same place, or at LEAST the same hotel. But things happened and we were all split up. That sucked. A lot. But we got to go to a bar in our fancy attire, that's pretty much all I needed to do haha. And hearing Kevin's drunk stories made me pleased as well. Hmm.. ate Earl of Sandwich, I wish they had one closer to Diamond Bar. I wish I wasn't sick or having this allergy attack.. I think Stratosphere would've been fun. Next time I guess. The car ride home was pretty interesting, talking about the past.. oh how silly everyone was in middle school. Kevin has some strong ass memory though. I thought I had pretty good memory but.. damn.
And since this is such a long post, I'll just summarize here: I went to Brazil, it was fun. Came back from Vegas, it was good, but could have been better. I learned that all of my family members are really good people, and that I am the black sheep of my mom's side (but I'm like prince charming on my dad's side, loooool). I learned more about my friends and I would like to keep learning more.
Anyways this is pretty much all I can think of right now, I sneezed like 20 times writing this. I can't take it anymore. Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment